Friday, April 30, 2010

Dear voice, please come back

So guess what? I've had a really bad cough lately, and my voice was kind of raspy, then....BAM!! Today I woke up, and my voice was completely gone. I think I got some virus from my mom or something. So when I woke up, I didn't feel good, and I wanted to stay home, but I had to go to English to take the CRTs. Even though it hurts to talk, it's been quite hilarious. I got in the car to go to school, and said hi to my friends, then I started laughing. They thought I was crying because I sounded so bad. Then, I was talking to my friend in English across the row of computers, and he couldn't hear me, so my friend next to me had to translate for me, and tell him what I was saying. During lunch, my friend called me to see if I was feeling well enough to go with him, and I was, so we went to Iceberg. I tried to talk to him, but he didn't understand anything I said, and kept saying "I'm so sorry, but I just don't understand you." Eventually my voice went all the way gone. After that, he pretended he couldn't talk either, and started doing sign language to me the entire time. When he brought me back home, he said he did that so I wouldn't have to respond to anything he said or talk at all. ha ha, what a great friend. All this has made me think. I feel so bad for all the deaf people who can't talk, or even hear. This has just been one day for me, and I will get better soon, but they have to live with it their whole lives. It really makes me grateful for all that I have. Plus, I'm glad I'm a dancer instead of a singer, because I have my concert tonight, and if I was a singer, it would be bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment